For reintroduction tomorrow. Hoping it goes well because I love these foods/supps.
In other news: I finished my Whole30. Don’t have official results, since I don’t meet with my doc until Tues morning. We’ll do blood work and biometrics. I’ll have results by mid July. Generally, I have felt fantastic and am getting better at fueling myself optimally.
If you must know I dropped ~12 lbs, although that was certainly not a focus of mine.
- Re-intro dairy tomorrow. Then go back to Whole30 clean.
- Re-intro grains on Thurs. Then go back to Whole30 clean.
- Re-intro legumes next week. Then go back to Whole30 clean.
- Stay low/no sugar forever (this does not mean I won’t indulge on occasion - lets be real here)
- Kicked diet drinks forever
- Went back to 3 solid meals/day with 0-1 fruit/veg snack mid afternoon.
- Using healthy fats to fuel
- Sleeping like a baby and dreaming regularly
- More to come when I get my blood/bio done
For anyone out there “ready” to make a change to your lifestyle and/or diet, I highly recommend The Whole 30 and It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. The structure is phenomenal. The content is easy to understand and implement. And, the results, well, mostly they speak for themselves. Here’s generally the type of person (or stage of the change) I think is ready to take this on:
- Exercise a good deal of discipline and control over your diet already
- Have experimented with fasting or other elimination diets and maybe even cleanses before
- Must make changes due to health, disease, conditions, etc. and above apply
- Sit on the sidelines while other people are DOING this stuff and seeing real, tangible results
That’s not comprehensive in any way, but something to think about. More to come.